If there is a firmware update available, the Scribit app will notify you and walk you through the process. Updates will take a few minutes, and it's essential to follow these tips to assure the process ends successfully:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Scribit app.
- With Scribit Robot plugged in, verify his status is in on idle (LEDs colors) and connected to WiFi.
- Keep your smartphone close to the Scribit robot.
- Open the Scribit App, try to launch a drawing, and if there is an updated version of the firmware a popup will appear advising you to update your firmware (before selecting the "Yes, update" button, be sure about all the requirements above).
- Keep the Scribit app open, foregrounded and avoid allowing the smartphone to go into sleep mode until the update is complete.
- Do not press any button during the 3rd phase in the picture below, just wait for the end of the process. Time can change according to your connection speed.
Latest firmware version: 3.0.2.
To check which version of Scribit's firmware is currently installed, you can do the following:
- Open the Scribit app > Tap Settings > My Scribit > [Scribit name] > scroll down until the "Firmware version" info, check the number. 302-302 is the latest version you should see.