Here are all the steps to correctly connect your Scribit to your WiFi network.
Connect to WiFi
- Download the iOS App at this link.
Download the Android App at this link.
Once the app is downloaded, launch it from your phone.
- Sign up (top right corner of the screen): you can input your personal email and choose the password you like.
- Follow the step-by-step process to install Scribit on your wall.
- Once the robot is installed, click on the Scribit icon in the menu bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on "Add a Scribit".
- Follow closely the video tutorials for the first installation and choose the material of the surface and the distance between the two nails.
- The first thing to do is to connect your phone to Scribit’s WiFi network. Click on "open WiFi Settings" and select the network named:
ScribitXXXX (where XXXX is a sequence of the kind: Scribit a3c9)
- The app will prompt you for a password to complete the pairing with Scribit. The password is (be careful about the second "I", it's a capital one!):
ScribItAP314If pairing to the Scribit's WiFi network you see the message "Impossible to connect to the Internet", it means that Scribit is not able to surf the Internet.
Read below to understand why this could be happening.
- Return on the app and wait for a few seconds. When you see the message "Connection successful" click on the " Next step" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you need to connect Scribit to your WiFi network. Simply input the name of your WiFi network (you can find it on the back of your router) and the password.
- Wait a few seconds and Scribit’s LED indicator will be lit in white light.
The next step is the calibration process.
Refer to the article at this link if you have any questions about the calibration process.
- It is strongly recommended that you have a dedicated WiFi connection without other devices connected. The router must be in proximity to Scribit
- The security protocol is WPA2Personal (WPA-PSK) where the SSID (the name of the WiFi network) and the password must be input at the first connection
- The connection must NOT be an enterprise one and must NOT allow access through a captive portal.
- It is not recommended to use smartphone generated hotspot networks as they are very unstable.
- The presence of a firewall of any type could prevent the connection. If there is any, it must be deactivated for Scribit to be able to work.
- The WiFi network should work on 2.4GHz frequency.