Follow this tutorial to understand how to use the Adobe Illustrator template to generate and export SVG files for the Scribit Robot.
𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗨𝗦𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘: Please, log in here https://upload.scribit.design/ and click on ''Upload a new SVG''. Then simply click on ''Download template (.zip)'' and the download will automatically start.
1. The size of the artboard is 1024px x 1024px regardless of your Scribit set up. It represents your drawing area.
2. The file is divided into four different layers m1, m2, m3, and m4.
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗮𝗻𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗱𝗱 𝗶𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲
3. Select all of the elements that you want to draw with the first colour. Copy them and paste them on the template, making sure the layer m1 is selected.
4. Go back to your design. Select all the elements that you want to put in the second layer. Copy them and paste them on the template, making sure the layer m2 is selected.
5. Repeat the process for the rest of colours.
6. Toggle the visibility of the layers to check that everything is in place.
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘁 𝗧𝗘𝗫𝗧 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗶𝘁
7. Select Type Tool and write your text.
8. Select the text, then click on Object - Expand.
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘁 𝗱𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗯𝘆 𝗦𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗯𝗶𝘁
9. Select the line, go on Stroke and check the Dashed Line option.
10. To make sure that Scribit understands it, you'll have to select the line tool and create a line.
11. Select the line, click on Brushes and create a new Art Brush.
12. Delete the line, select your dashed line, click Brushes and select the art brush that you've just created.
13. To check what Scribit sees: Click on Object - Expand Appearance
𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗹𝘆 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗦𝗩𝗚
14. Select SVG from the Format Options and click on Save.
15. Make sure that ''Preserve illustrator editing capabilities'' is unchecked.